Saturday, February 06, 2016

Day 2 at TJ's Scrapping with style

Hello everyone

Had another great day teaching at Toni's wonderful store. She has the nicest workroom and air conditioning! 
She definitely is a kindred spirit as Anne of green gables would say. I felt right at home in her store. It's a nice size and again packed full of lots of lovely scrapbooking and cardmaking supplies. She has one of the largest range of Imaginarium chipboard I have ever seen.
It was so wonderful catching up with an old but dear friend Belinda (old as in time, NOT age). Belinda used to do scrapbooking with me in my store in Adelaide but moved a few years ago to Queensland. Though we catch up on facebook, it's not the same as seeing each other in real time.
 So back to Toni's,  she has her workroom well set up and she had everything ready for me. She runs her store the same way I do mine - her ladies can do classes or pop in and spend time in her workroom, they can work or just chat. Her store has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.  I am sure she has many lovely ladies as customers who have become friends through her.


I taught 2 classes, both were layouts and I had a great time, so I hope every attending did as well.
Everyone is so friendly and so relaxed, it must be the weather!
The first class was a layout called "little things, big memories" using papers from some of Graphic 45 older collections and a lovely title from Imaginarium designs. The ladies got to do some heat embossing, painting and more. It was to be an easy and quick layout, but due to the fact that we had plenty of time, we were able to chat heaps and take our time, which was really nice.
The evening class was a bit more full on, the ladies did a male layout which was a bit more of a challenge, (again I got to catch up with an old friend. Leonie has been doing classes with me every time I come to Queensland for a few years now, and it was lovely seeing her again).
It kept them quite busy, and for some of the time very quite. They also had some painting, inking and even a frame around their page to do. This class took a bit longer than I thought it would. But like all good scrapers they continued working on, long into the night to get it finished.
Toni's helpers even stayed on, not doing the class, but working in the background helping out, they were wonderful and a special thanks goes to them for sorting out the extra kits needed for those who missed the classes. Due to both layouts having some mixed media techniques,  these lovely ladies, painted the chipboard and some metals for all the kits, along with bagging up the extra items needed.
Thanks so much Toni for having me teach, I really enjoyed it. It was so nice chatting to you and your girls after the class. Please invite me back again soon.
Sorry if the post looks a bit funny, but I am doing it on my tablet,  so can't move the photos around.
Nearly time to leave for a day teaching at A Place to Create. I have 3 classes today, one of which is a mixed media canvas, so really looking forward to teaching it tonight.
Lastly, thanks to Alison,  for taking me opp shopping in the morning, Ikea for lunch, and Toni's in time for my classes, you are one amazing lady.
Catch up again tomorrow
Hugs
Jane

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving reading about your Queensland adventure, even though I'm along for the ride, you have a lovely way with words - Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete