Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Ladies Diary Altered Art Box

Hello Everyone
Graphic 45 have another project of mine on their bog. It is an altered art box I did for CHA back in June/July.

 I wanted my box to have an old fashion feel to it, like something you would find in a draw with a bunch of old letters tied up with a piece of old ribbon.
 The altered art box of graphic 45 was perfect for this project. It comes with it's own mini book.


For the cover of my mini book, I used a oval flourish from Imaginarium Designs which I sprayed black. I added a bunch of Prima flowers and of course a key!


 Then I started decorating the inside of my book, I used papers from the Ladies Diary collection.



The silk ribbon from May Arts was perfect for this as it ties and drapes so nicely. I used a bit of nearly every paper from this wonderful new collection. They all work so well together and complement each other. I love the touch of sage green in this collection (or is it Blue?). I do love the ornate door knobs and was delighted to find it fitted on the edge of my box. It adds such a classic look to my box.
This weekend I get to work on the next page of my book. I am hoping to get two pages done so I can include a sneak peek of the 3rd page!
wish me luck
Hugs
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Jane what an awesome box and book, love this paper range :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with A Ladies Diary and hoping to be able to purchase it at some point. I love what you did with this book and this paper! It is so feminine and so romantic. It has the feel of something to be treasured and passed down through generations. Another lovely project from a talented lady. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us. I love seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete